Saturday, April 18, 2015

An Attempt At Not Spending Money: 10 Products Week 1

Hey Everyone!  Long time no… post.  Sorry for my absence. No excuses this time! It's just me being forgetful!

Lately, I've been feeling like I've been spending too much money on my makeup. I came up with this: 10 Products.  This will be an ongoing series where I choose 10 products and don't allow myself to buy anything until I finish all of them! (In other words, pure torture.)  I've seen many people do things similar to this and I'm excited to start my first round. Each week, I'll give an update on where I am with these products and show how I'm feeling about them.

An Overview of the 10



 Maybelline Master Hi-Light in Pink Rose - I love this blush! It can be deep rose, but it adds a really nice glow with the highlight "bricks." I can definitely see this being a good everyday blush.
Maybelline Master Glaze in Make a Mauve - This is actually another one of my favorite blushes!  I love this line because I feel these blushes blend in so beautifully.  This is a darker blush, so I'm interested to see how I'll be incorporating this into a Spring routine. 
Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation sample in Tan Honey - This is definitely not the correct shade for me, but I'll mix it into a foundation that's too light for me.



Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara - This is a mascara I saw and my friend and her lashes looked absolutely beautiful, but unfortunately didn't work the same for me.  This has a very wet formula, which I don't prefer.  I'm hoping that this mascara starts to dry soon!
Sum!ta Contrast Eye Pencil in Juipur Gold - I received this in a recent Birchbox while ironically I was looking for a nice olive eyeliner!  This is a nice neutral that's pretty easy to wear on a daily basis, so this should run out pretty quickly.
Rimmel ScandalEyes Eye Shadow Paint in Beige - I bought this product out of recommendation and unfortunately it came out a little south of loved.  It goes on very streaky and not opaque.  Not excited to use this at all.  Honestly, if anyone has any idea of how to use this, please inform me. 

CRIES BECAUSE I CANT FIND THE SWATCH PICTURE I TOOK
Aphorism Lipstick - This is a brand new lipgloss that I picked up. Basically, it's really sheer and sparkly. Simple and sweet.
Sephora Rouge Infusion in Plum - I got this on sale and didn't know what I was getting into!  I really love this product and it's color,
Revlon Lip Crayon in Smitten - I've had this for so long and I hope I don't have to have it for much longer! As much as I like this product, I got a bit bored of it.
ChapStick in Fruit Craze - This is a super old chapstick that I need gone.  It's honestly nothing special.


Thanks so much for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment