Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Brand Focus : L'oreal

Hi everyone!  I wanted to do another Brand Focus post, being I rediscovered a lot of products I like last time.  This time I decided to dig up all of my L'oreal products, and I've found some of my old favorite products.  L'oreal makes some of my favorite products in all three of the main makeup categories.  I love their BB cream, mascaras, eyeshadows, and lipglosses.  PS I've switched up the editing of my pictures a bit.  They'll be switched up next post also.  I'm trying to find a nice style that's convenient to create. 
FACE


Foundation:
Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream - I love this product so much.  I've tried countless tinted moisturizers and BB creams, but nothing has compared to this.  It starts out as a white cream, but them seamlessly blends into the skin.  It provides a light/medium coverage and stays all day. 

Concealer:
MagicLumi Highlighter - I'm not sure whether this is marketed as a highlighter or a concealer, but let me tell you I love it for both.  I use this in the under eye area and along my cheekbones before I use powder.  I think it gives some of the best brightening looks. 

EYES



Eyeshadow:
24Hr Infalliable Eyeshadows in bronzed taupe, golden emerald, amber rush, smoldering plum, and timeless blue spark - These little pots of magic have honestly changed my life.  Before these, I am not sure whether or not I knew what a quality product was!  My favorites are definitely amber rush, golden emerald, and smoldering plum.  They're honestly all amazing and very quality.  Cons for this product is that they're all shimmery and can fall apart easily.  In addition, the high quality means a high price tag.  For a drugstore product, you may be a little taken back.  All in all they're worth the money and can be used all over the lid or for a smokey eye! 

Color Riche Eyeshadow Quad in So Over It! - This product was purchased for a tutorial I wanted to try out by one of my favorite youtubers, AlisonLovesJB.  It was just such a pretty look, that I had to get the colors!  I'm so happy I did because they're all super pigmented and don't disappoint.  The only one I feel could have stronger pigmentation is the pearly white shade, even though it's for a highlight, so it doesn't exactly need to be.

Eyeliners:
12Hr Infalliable The Super Slim Liquid Liner in black -  I don't know about you, but I love trying to find dupes.  I made this purchase solely because I love the Stila Stay All Day liner, and I was trying to find a less expensive alternative because who the heck wants to spend that much on liquid liner!? On my little journey, (oh I like the sound of that haha!) I came across this little treasure.  Although it's not waterproof like the Stila one, I still love it!  It has a slightly stiffer tip, but for me I really like that.       
               





Mascara: 
Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara - This is one of my favorite mascaras because of both the brush and formula.  It's great for two layers because of the short bristles to apply a lot of product, and the other to separate the lashes.  The formula has fibers and is very dry, which I much prefer over wet formulations.  The downside to this is that it does flake after some time.  

Lash Out Butterfly Waterproof Mascara - The original formula of this stole my heart, so I decided to get the waterproof version for the ultimate test.  Unfortunately, I really don't like this as much as the original.  I find it clumpy to layer and a pretty wet formula. 

Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara - Another variation of a mascara I loved!  I probably like this one better than the original honestly.  It does pick up a lot of product, so you have to be careful not to get too much of it on in one swoop.  And don't worry, it doesn't turn out to look like the ad!

Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara - Ah, the original!  This mascara is actually amazing.  It curls and lengthens my eyelashes like dreeeaamm.  It's also super easy to use!  All I can really say is YES.

Telescopic Mascara - I have a love hate relationship with this mascara.  I love how much it lengthens, but then again that's absolutely all it does.  My lashes go straight forward, so I don't really like using this on my already curled upper lashes.  On my bottom lashes though, that's where the good stuff happens.  The long thin brush coats them in one sweep and does all I want a bottom lash mascara to do!

Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara - This is where my mascara fantasy ends with L'oreal.  The primer end of the duo is okay.  I don't think it does too much, but it's not terrible for being the only lash primer I've ever used.  The other end is a liquidy mess.  This makes all my lashes stick together and does nothing to them.  So if you like one giant mediocrely long lash, be my guest. 

LIPS 


Lipsticks: 
Colour Riche Lipstick in Tropical Coral and Pink Flamingo - I think these lipsticks are great and I love the creamy formula.  Tropical Coral is a great everyday color that has a tint of coral.  Pink Flamingo is pretty new to me, and I haven't had a chance to make a look out of it.  It's kind of a Barbie color, so I'm pretty interested in how I'll make it work.  Comment below if you'd like me to make a tutorial.


Lipglosses:
Colour Riche Gloss in Plum Rush - I've never really been fond of gloss on the lips, so when I got this, I didn't use it alot.  It has a slight tint of purple, but it's nothing worth buying.  I would like to try the other shades, though.

Colour Riche Extraordinare in Rose Symphony, Molto Mauve, and Fuchsia Orchestra - These are some of my favorite lip products.  They aren't sticky at all and are very opaque.  My favorite is Molto Mauve, which I think is appropriate for any occasion. 


Lip Stains: 
Colour Caresse Wet Shine Lip Stain in Infinite Fuchsia - I really like this product, but I wish it faded in a prettier way.  By the end of three hours, my lips have faded into a thin hot pink lip line.  Also, when wearing this, it becomes very sticky.  I would like to try out a bunch of colors, though.

I hope you enjoyed this post and discovered a few new treasures!  What is your favorite L'oreal product?  What other brands should I do a post on?  Should I do a Pink Flamingo tutorial?

5 comments:

  1. I really want to try the 24H Infalliable eye shadows, try sound really good and look so pretty!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! They're unbelievable.

      Delete
  2. Their liquid eyeliner is my fave. I suffered with acne for such a long time, so I like to keep my face overall make up free. Mascara and eyeliner excluded, the only other product I can't resist is bronzer. It's my one weakness.

    www.theycalleditthediamondblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's your favorite bronzer? I've been trying to find some good ones. xx

      Delete
  3. If you want to Buy Loreal Products Online, you can purchase from the online shopping portal https://awesomebazar.com/brands/loreal/

    ReplyDelete