Tuesday, April 12, 2016

My Top 5 Favorite Disney Table Service Restaurants

Welcome back to the blog,

Oh my gosh, I am so excited to be bringing this post to you!  I have finally put out my first post of the "trips" in LipsAndTrips.  If you didn't know, I am a serious Disney lover.  I basically spent my childhood in Orlando!  This post is very long in the making, but here it is!  I've managed to narrow down my Top 5 Favorite Disney Table Service Restaurants. (Trust me, it was a hard task!) *Disclaimer* All the pictures I use in this post are not mine.

Le Cellier - I love this restaurant so much!  Without a doubt I've been to this restaurant almost every trip I've gone.  It's a foolproof place to get an upscale and unbelievable meal. 

Main dining area of Le Cellier Steakhouse at Epcot

Atmosphere - I love the cellar feel of the dining room.  It is very dark and the menus even illuminate!  Keeping with the Canadian theme, each section of the restaurant is a different province, and you'll have a waiter who is very knowledgeable about it.

Food - Oh my, where do I start?  Appetizers would be appropriate, right?  I don't usually get soup, but the Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup is definitely a winner.  It's especially good to dip in the pretzel bread you're given.  I also love Poutine.  If you don't know what it is, think "upscale disco fries."  It is a signature Canadian dish that is quite highlighted on the menu.  And of course, the steak is wonderrrfulll. . . (PS try getting a Canadian Shirley Temple for a citrusy twist on the original!)

Beaches and Cream - What a cute place.  It may not be the most memorable food wise, but the scenery is a serious throwback.  

Colorful dining area of Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney's Beach Club Resort

Atmosphere - When you walk into this restaurant, you're instantly transported to a 50's soda shop.  you can even find a jukebox that plays music!

Food - The food here is good, but nothing special.  It's all burger and fries, and is good quality.  The icecream is where it's at!  Their big star is the "Kitchen Sink," which is a huge sundae literally in a sink.  When it is brought out, sirens go off, so the whole place knows that yes, yes, this is the person literally eating THE KITCHEN SINK!!!  The kitchen sink is on my Disney Bucket list for me and my boyfriend to someday complete.

The Brown Derby - This is another restaurant that makes you feel transported.  The lovely feeling of walking in will never leave my mind.  It's a place of true nostalgia for me.  

The Hollywood Brown Derby dining room at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Atmosphere - When I arrive at the Brown Derby, I can picture my younger self doing the same.  I would love how they sprinkled "pixie dust" on the stairway down to the dining room, and I would always interrogate my dad on who every one of the black and white sketches were of.  You really feel relaxed coming in there.

Food - The food is also great.  My favorite is the cobb salad, ,which is their signature.  You can also get some super cool drinks with light up ice cubes!

Via Napoli - I could not write this list without including pizza!  I'm from New Jersey, so Italian food is very prevalent here.  I can assure you nothing comes close to this!

Building façade with a sign that reads ‘Pizzeria Ristorante’ for the Via Napoli restaurant

Atmosphere - Via Napoli is a very bright restaurant that just feels refreshing.  All the pizzas are cooked in some really cool ovens with some pretty funny faces.  I really enjoy the cool glass fixtures on the ceiling.

Food - This is the best pizza I've ever had.  It's very authentic and imported from Italy.  my family especially likes how extra thin it is.  It falls apart so easily!

Kona Cafe - For a nice afternoon lunch, Kona is a great place to go.  It's a really nice way to escape the parks for a bit.

Lamp-lit walkway to open kitchen below raftered ceiling with rotating rattan fans

Atmosphere - Kona is in the Polynesian Resort, and it has a very open layout.  Being on the second floor of the lobby, you get a great view!  It gives a very relaxed, tropical vibe.

Food - The food is very good also.  It has a tropical influence as well.  When I was younger, I'd always get the cotton candy sundae.  I totally recommend it if a child wants a fun treat.

Writing this really did 
make me feel happy.  Nothing brightens my day 
like Disney does! What are your top Disney Table Service picks?
 Thanks for reading and don't forget to follow 
me on instagram and twitter.




No comments:

Post a Comment