Sunday, May 22, 2016

What I Love About Disney Springs

This post is solely based upon what I have been to before, and as I haven't been back in over a year, many thing have changed.  I love Disney Springs for the reason that it has the Disney feeling, but it's not overly Disney.  No characters are roaming, and you're not having the constant pressure to run around and get on every ride.  My favorites are truly all about being with my family.  It's a great place to go to at night and just stroll around.  (*Disclaimer: All these pictures will be from the Disney World website.)

AMC Dine In
In 2013, on my Thanksgiving Disney vacation,  my family and I decided to have an... unconventional Thanksgiving dinner.  We decided to go see Frozen at the Dine In theater in at the time Downtown Disney.  It is really amazing because you get to watch a great movie and eat really great food!  I know it wasn't a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, but it was good enough for me.

Close-up of dining table and theater seats


The Art of Disney

One of my favorite things to do at Disney, wherever I may be, is to look in the art galleries.  I don't know what it is, but there's something about concept art that is so interesting to me.  Every picture in this gallery is truly a work of art and each are different!  One day I hope to by one of these expensive, expensive pictures.

The Craftsman-style exterior of the Art of Disney store with the Art of Disney sign above the door


Disney's Days of Christmas

When I think of Disney, I think of this store.  I can pick out the smell of this place.  I just remember going in here every single Disney trip when I was younger.  I mean, who doesn't like Christmas!  In this store you can find so many unique ornaments that you can't find in other places in Disney.


Disney's Pin Traders

This is another throwback!  I was a serious pin trader when I was little, so this store holds a special place in my heart.  I think you can find just about every Disney pin in here... 

Daisy, Donald and displays of pins at Disney's Pin Traders at Downtown Disney Marketplace


Earl of Sandwich

Yum. Yum. Yum. Those are the three most appropriate words to describe Earls.  There's nothing better than a hot sandwich from Earl's and then getting a super cold sundae from Ghirardelli's.  That's my idea of a great night!!!  Just be careful, though.  Earl's gets super busy!

A row of booth tables across from queue area and service counter


Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop

Yum. Yum. Yum. Yum. and Yum. 5 out of 5 yums for Ghirardelli's!  Everything you get here is going to be phenomenal.  My favorite thing to get is a Mint Chocolate Chip sundae.  They put on whipped cream and a cherry, but most of all  the hot fudge that oozes through the ice cream.  This is in my top 10 must do's at Disney.

View from doorway of several wood tables with red-and-blue chairs


Goofy's Candy Company

This is a great place to bring a kid or the kid in you!  There are so many candy choices to choose from.  My favorite thing to do is fill a bag with a bunch of small candies, so I have a fun snack on the plane ride home.  

Goofy surrounded by sweet treats at Goofy's Candy Co. at Downtown Disney Marketplace


The Lego Store

I think that one of the most unique things about Disney Springs is their lego sculptures.  Around the Marketplace, there are huge sculptures of different Disney scenes and beyond all made of legos.  My favorite one is the sea monster in the water!


Once Upon A Toy

This is the last throwback on my list.  My 4 year old self used to wander in this store all the time.  There is every toy imaginable in here!  My favorite things used to be the create your own Mr. Potato Head and the Peter Pan room in the back.

Playful exterior of Once Upon a Toy, a toy store at Downtown Disney


Raglan Road 

This restaurant and I have definitely had a rollercoaster relationship.  I first went there when I was about 8.  The food and service was the absolute worst my family has ever experienced, and we vowed never to go there again.  But I'm all about second chances.  3 years ago we went back, and I'm sure glad we did.  This has become my favorite restaurant, not only in Disney Springs, but I think in Disney altogether!  I love Irish pubs now.  The energy and food is right up my alley.  If you go here, which I truly suggest you do, please do yourself a favor and get the bread pudding!  I have never had a better dessert.

Bread and butter pudding in a ramekin next to 2 small jugs of sauce


Splitsville 

I am so happy that Disney decided to add this experience a few years ago.  It's something so fun to do when you want to get out of the sun and have a little family competition!  Bowling is an awesome experience especially when you're doing it in Disney!  The atmosphere is so much fun here, and the food ain't bad either!


World Of Disney

This is last on the list, but I believe it is the most important.  This Disney Store isn't just a store.  It is an experience.  I believe that no matter if you're going to buy something or not, everybody needs to go into this  "store."  There are so many photo ops, and all the rooms are themed amazingly.

Exterior of the World of Disney Store at the Downtown Disney Area, lit up at night

Thank you so much for reading!  Please 
comment any suggestions about Disney Springs so I can check them out on my next trip.

Don't forget to follow me on
snapchat: jlpesso and my email: jlpesso@verizon.net

No comments:

Post a Comment