Saturday, May 20, 2017

Birchbox vs Ipsy May 2017

Hey everyone, it's been a while since my last post!

Today I wanted to review the contents of my Birchbox and Ipsy and give you guys some first impressions about the products.  Each of these companies provide a $10 a month beauty subscription service where you receive 5 deluxe sample or full sized products.  Also, in the Ipsy subscription, you receive a new makeup bag each month.  I love getting these because it's a great way to discover new brands and products and also treat myself to a little "present" each month.

BIRCHBOX


This month was pretty cool for Birchbox.  I dove into some different items that I wouldn't normally appreciate, and found some great results. First, I've been using the EVO mane tamer smoothing shampoo and conditioner. I feel like the shampoo is mediocre, but the conditioner is definitely something special!  It has a balmy texture, which it great for untangling unruly hair.  Also, if you were lucky enough to receive these as well, read the packaging; it's hilarious!  Next up I received the coola daydream mineral primer.  I have other primers from coola, and they always make me break out.  This made me hesitant to try out this one, but luckily this didn't do the same thing.  I love how it includes SPF 30 and also has a light, "moussey" texture.  One issue with this month's box was the fact I received a self tanner to use a week before prom.  I didn't want to risk trying the VITA LIBERATA ten minute tan and getting a sick orange tan before the big event, so I'm planning to trying out in June.  Hopefully it'll be as useful as the product claims.  Finally, I got my favorite product of this month!  First off, how cute is this packaging?  The Beauty Crop Fabulous Flocking Lashes mascara is packaged in a hot pink tube covered in flamingos.  How more perfectly could Summer be wrapped up?  Although the mascara itself is pretty average, I'll never say no to a new one in my stash! 

IPSY


This month's Ipsy included some great makeup products.  First I'll start off my saying I haven't tried out the Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator.  It seems to have a nice clean smell and the exfoliant texture is really fine.  One of my favorite things to receive in my subscription services are brushes!  I received the Royal & Langnickel Prevision Angled Brush this month.  It's really soft and can be used for so many uses!  Right now, I'm using it for highlighting, but I think I'm going to start using it for under eye concealer.  If you have any suggestions, please let me know!  Next up, I picked up the highlighter I've been using.  The Urban Decay After Glow powder highlighter in Sin is so pretty but not totally blinding, which I love!  I also received the City Color Bold Brow powder, which I've been featuring a bunch on the gram.  Although this product comes from a super affordable brand, the pigment is crazy good.  I love using this duo to achieve a natural brow.  Lastly, I received the Mellow matte lipstick in nude.  This shade is so pretty.  While not exactly a nude on me, this darker warm shade compliments so many looks.

SWATCHES

(on left: Urban Decay After Glow Powder Highlight in Sin \\ on right: Mellow matte lipstick in nude)

I'm choosing Ipsy as my winner for this month!  I enjoyed all of the samples I got in my subscriptions.  Who do you think won?  Share what you got in the comments! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!  Don't forget to contact me at...
snapchat // jlpesso
email // jlpesso@verizon.net

You get get your own Ipsy here or your own Birchbox here.

No comments:

Post a Comment